HECTOR L. SANDOVAL
Hector L. Sandoval was born in San Juan, Texas in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley. Soon thereafter his family moved to nearby Donna, Texas where he was raised. After graduating from Donna High School in 1996, Hector pursued his life-long dream of attending the University of Texas at Austin where earned his undergraduate degree in 2000.
The lure of the big city and a bustling work environment brought Hector to Houston for law school immediately following graduation. In 2003, he went on to earn his law degree from South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas.
After law school, Hector worked as an associate for the law firm of Roven-Kaplan, LLP in Houston, Texas. For eleven years, Hector dedicated his practice to representing victims in personal injury and product liability claims throughout the United States.
Hector has handled cases involving:
- Work-related Accidents (Non-Subscriber and Third-Party)
- Premises Liability Claims
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Attacks by an animals with known dangerous propensities
- The Use of Dangerous Pharmaceutical Drugs or Recalled Medical Devices
- Railroad Worker Accident and Injuries
- Claims arising under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) for occupational injuries including asbestosis, silicosis and other occupationally induced traumatic injuries
Motivated by the desire to provide his clients with a strong legal team and resources, he joined Steve Waldman in forming Sandoval & Waldman, PLLC, a law firm dedicated to representing individuals who have suffered serious injuries as a result of another’s negligent conduct.
Hector was licensed by the Supreme Court of Texas in 2004 and has been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
He is a member of the following organizations:
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association,
- Harris County Bar Association
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Hidalgo County Bar Association
- The Mexican American Bar Association of Houston (MABAH)
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston (HisBA)
- The Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice.
He is also a lifelong member of University of Texas Ex-Students’ Association, the Texas Exes.
Hector enjoys running, attending live music events and playing guitar, all at a comfortable pace and when there is free time. Hector’s professional passion is driven by and deeply rooted in his love for his faith, his wife and his children, as well as the immigrant’s historical story of struggle and success in this country.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court-Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court-Eastern District of Texas
- The University of Texas at Austin - B.A. Government (2000)
- South Texas College of Law - J.D. (2003)